Monday, March 28, 2011

Updates a plenty!!!!

It has been over 2 months since I last posted. I have finally caught up and there a MANY posts to read. If you would like to read them in order, scroll down to January and then work your way up to March. If you haven't read "Beauty Secrets of the Bible" by Ginger Garrett, I HIGHLY recommend it. It has changed the way I view the beauty industry and what goes on and into my body. Since I completed the book over a month ago, I have thrown away (or given away) almost every beauty product that I own and switched to organic or all natural products. The only 2 products that I have not gone natural/organic with are deoderant (that is a no-brainer but maybe in the future) and shaving cream (I'll switch once the new bottle I bought is empty) . I now use mineral make-up, organic soap, shampoo, lotion, sunscreen, and toothpaste. I've also changed things in my diet. I feel better and my skin and hair have never looked healthier. Ben has made the switch with me and the kids are also slowly making the change. I'm convinced that so many of today's health problems are related to what we put on and in our bodies. I don't want our children growing up damaging their bodies and facing infertility like we did!!! Please read this book and take a long hard look at what you put on/in your body!!!! In addition to switching our beauty products, I'm also changing out our cleaning products. I've made homemade laundry detergent, and I switched our Windex for vinegar. Once I use up my other bathroom cleaning products, I'll be using good 'ole vinegar and baking soda. Better for the environment and a lot less fumes!!!!

No comments: