Monday, May 26, 2008

A Day of Creativity

Wedding gift
C's swimsuit cover up.
M's swimsuit cover up
Z's swimsuit cover up.

Today was a great day! M and C are finally getting over a fever virus that they have had for 4 days. It was awful. They would come and climb in bed with us early in the morning with temperatures ranging from 102.5 to 104.0. They would suck down 2 cups of water each and then just shiver in bed.
Today, they both had energy and finally wanted to play. I took them to the downstairs playroom and they were so excited to play with Z (who never got sick) that I was able to complete a HUGE amount of sewing projects. As you can see from the pictures above, I monogrammed pot holders for a wedding gift, made 3 swimsuit cover-ups for the kids, and I hand embroidered a onesie for a baby shower. I forgot to take a picture of the onesie today so I will post a picture of it later. I was also able to mend a few t-shirts.
How did I do all of this you ask? The kids played for a while independently, watched me for a while, and helped me pick out thread colors for each item. I even read some old nursery rhymes from a childhood book of mine to them will the machine was embroidering items.
What a great day!!!!!

No comments: