Thursday, August 30, 2007

August update




At the beginning of the month, a small group of my friends (who also have multiples) got together to sell each other our kid's outgrown clothes, shoes, toys, ect...... I was able to purchase most of the kids fall/winter wardrobe there along with some "new" toys. The first picture is of C proudly showing off his "new" toys. As soon as he got the costume on, he ran around the house screaming, "I'm SPIDERMAN!" while showing us his new, big, strong muscles. He was hysterical. Now the girls put it on and say, "I'm Spidergirl".

Toward the end of this month, we went back to my hometown for a family get-together at my Gran's old house. Gran is 87 yrs. old and just as feisty as they come and she loves getting together with family. The second picture is of her with her ELEVEN great-grandchildren. The 3rd picture is of her with 8 of her ELEVEN grandchildren and the great-grandchildren. The last picture is of her with her FIVE children, now 9 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. Of the 2 grandchildren missing, one was in Tennessee and the other was in Africa. Once the festivities were over, Z looked at me and said, "Momma, we got a lot of cousins!". Boy is she right!!

After the family get-together, we went to the beach for a very short vacation. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera down with me to the beach and pool so no pictures to share. The kids had a blast though and no one ended up in the ER this time. Z and C can swim a little with their heads under water and M loves the ocean. They all attempted to build sand castles but mostly destroyed mine. They all love to eat fish and shrimp at the "restaurant". (that is their name for any place that we go and eat and sit down...........as opposed to the drive-thru windows at fast food places)

Daddy is extremely busy with work and we are trying to make some repairs to the house. I just finished selling the rest of the kid's old clothes, toys, cribs, and junk at our annual multiples fall garage sale. This year's sale was gigantic. I have never seen so many clothes in all my life and most were priced $1.00 and $2.00. Needless to say, I finished clothing the kids for the fall/winter and picked up some "gifts from Santa".

The kids start back to MDO (mother's day out) next week and will attend 3 days a week this year. I am very excited about this b/c my 'Prissy Pieces' business is taking off and I need all the extra (kid free) time I can get to catch up on orders. I am currently working on a new prissy pieces website. It has taken forever to switch hosts sites. I hope to have it up and running in about a month. I know that sounds like forever, but I am getting someone to create me a new site and I have a lot of pictures to upload.

That's our monthly summary in a nut shell!!

No comments: